- Onion – 1 (The onions are to be sliced fine.You may cut an onion into 4 and then slice them to get very small fine slices.You also need some to be finely diced to add for tempering.)
- Tomato – 1 (sliced)
- Ginger – 1 inch piece (julienne)
- Green Chillies – 4 (slit)
- Kudampuli – 4 pods. (it is also known as malabar tamarind or brindle berry.)
- Coconut – 1 cup grated.
- Cumin – 1/2 tsp
- Garlic – 2 pods. (finely diced)
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chilli Powder – 1.5 tsp
- Prawns – 20-30 nos.
- Curry leaves – a few
- salt to taste.
- oil as required
Grind the coconut and cumin to a fine mixture (buttery texture) and set aside.
In a vessel pour 2 cups of water and set to heat. When the water is boiling add the sliced onion, ginger, tomatoes and slit green chillies. Add turmeric…
View original post 88 more words